Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The emotional Dog - A Real Incident

I was walking down the lane this morning hours when I saw a dog, white is color, black eyes. Something attracted me towards him. I went near the dog only to find out that the dog had tears is his eyes. His face was wet because of tears. I felt, I got some power to understand the dog as if it were a human being. His face was filled with a lot of sad emotions as if he has lost everything. The dog stood up and crossed the lane to the other side. I followed the dog. The dog was actually trying to show me the reason for his sadness. I was shocked to see a dead body of another dog, brown in color, his eyes had come out of his head. Probably a fast moving vehicle must have hit him hard. This white dog showed me this body and then stared at me for about 5 minutes as if he were telling me something. Tears rolled down again. He was trying to cry aloud but he was not not able to. This incident had struck him so badly that he was not able to take out his voice. The dog then took the dead body by his mouth and dragged him to the middle of the road on the divider. The divider was broad and it was filled with soil. The dog started to dig the soil as if he was in some hurry. I stood by to watch the dog. Probably his hurry to dig the soil made me wait to see what was going to happen. Suddenly a crow came is full swing and took one eye of the dead body. The dog started digging faster and within seconds he had dug enough. He dragged he body into the pit and stood looking at it for about a minute. He got into the pit, licked the dead body on his head. It seemed to be his final good bye to his friend. He then covered his pit with the soil and sat over it.

I don't know what was this incident trying to teach me, but it was very touching.

3 comments:

  1. The incident has taught me to be more human, compassionate and behave like human. As we human beings are in better position then animals. We have the power to express, react and act. We have the ability to wipe the tears from the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good lesson for all human beings.. Are we better than this dog? or Are we able to behave like this dog to our fellow beings? We have no time see who is the victim of our recless driving/ or by some other! Who knows the victim is our dearest ones!! or he/she must be the only only one base for a big family.. So it's time to show empathy not sympathy to all our fellow beings.. Extend your helping hand to those who are needy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm touched too!...makes us think, in this hustle-bustle life...we all are so self consumed, that we forget things such as love,emotions,humanity?...
    Peace!!!

    ReplyDelete